Your Nav Bar Here

The Beginning

I've been promising this blog to myself for a week or so now since I've been trying to keep friends and family updated with how I'm doing. I'll try my best to post as often as I can, but life sometimes catches up to me. It's been a little frustrating, but at this point, I'm ready!


I'd love to tell you about my trip here, but I get sad and start missing my family, so I'll just let you in on what my first week of FIDM was like.

Being a new student in general is a feat, and I hate feeling like a Freshman. I don't have any issue with networking or making new friends, I just hate being new to things. That feeling of being lost in a world that is so familiar to other's makes my guts knot up.

I am so lucky my roommate and I could rely on each other to get through orientation. I'm used to having the luxury of school being 10 minutes away, coming and going as I please. So, being that I'm now a 20 minute drive away, slipping away isn't so easy for me. Each day felt long and impossible, especially going through hours and hours of information you already know of. That's not to say that what I learned the first week wasn't beneficial to me at all, it just wasn't easy to sit still.

We ended our week with our first day of classes. Mine being Product Development Fundamentals and Marketing & Brand Development. Each class is about 2 hrs 45 mins long with a 15 min break in between. Which doesn't leave much room for a lunch break, but I think I can survive. At this point in my scholastic career, I am really focused on my academics and so determined to not waste this opportunity to gain an awesome education into the fashion industry.

All in all, I am happy, healthy and just fine.

Also, please be aware of my situation and moving to a new city and starting a new school is a lot of change for me. If I don't answer your text messages, please don't take it personally. My phone has been very overwhelming and sometimes I just can't reply back. I love you all the same, but please be patient with me. :)

1 comments: