Your Nav Bar Here

Dotting Paper and Manilla

I'm definitely not in Utah anymore when strangers are courageous enough to scream sentences that are often recognized as compliments when in close proximity to another. I laugh at men whose manners are not exactly developed enough to understand that shouting at a woman will not get you her attention.





My only class today was Apparel Process 1 which basically takes you through the process of pattern making and sewing a garment. I was baffled by a lot of the information because it was pretty basic enough for me to know what I'm doing and I felt pretty good about my skill in each area. Each week we'll learn something different and eventually we'll sew together a dress. Next week we'll start on the bodice and go from there.

Last week I laughed at seeing people walking around with rolls of muslin thinking, "That stinks! They have to carry that everywhere!" but once I got my supplies before class... I was that one person walking around with a roll of muslin and a tote bag stuffed to completion. Tool box in one hand, muslin in another, I knew I had to do the inevitable – I had to buy a rollie bag. :(

But guys, before you judge me, it is soo not cute to lug around a bag that weighs a million zillion pounds. Plus, it's not fashionable to have a broken back. ;)

We have to personalize our tools and let me tell you how much I love sewing swag!

Wanna know the best part about today? No school tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment